1:1 psychology habit coaching with me may be right for you if:
- You are sick and tired of struggling with unwanted habits
- You feel unsupported
- You are exhausted – yet feel ‘wired’
- You feel lonely (whether single or in a relationship)
- You are sick of being single AND/OR sick of crappy relationships
- You feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing works
- You have trouble sleeping (either trouble falling asleep or early morning waking)
- You are frustrated by your inability to change habits
- You feel like your life lacks meaning and purpose
- You are feeling stuck
- You suffer from stress-related inflammatory conditions: including migraine; skin problems such as adult acne, eczema and dandruff; alopecia; polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS is often un – or misdiagnosed due to the variety of symptoms which can include some or all of: unwanted weight, acne, hirsutism, and irregular or no periods); and more
- You’ve had enough of recurring problems: this could be anything from romantic relationships, children, money, career, stress, anxiety and other habits.
Testimonial- KATE HOMMELHOFF , CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPIST, MT GAMBIER, AUSTRALIA
Hi Rebecca, I wanted to thank you and let you know what happened to me after our session.
I have to say you were like a dog with a bone and as much as I was trying to ‘only play with the surface stuff’, you really forced me to look and go next level during our session.
As uncomfortable as that was … you changed my life with that session.
Within 3 months I had left the worst job of my life, left the most toxic relationship I’ve ever had and then continued to look and work deep with how and why had I let myself get into those situations. This beginning a real journey of positive self discovery and healing …
My transformation has been mind blowing and our session was definitely the beginning of it all for me.
I’m a healer – but I can’t heal you. That’s up to you. What I can do is facilitate you to heal yourself. I offer simple psychology tools and show you how to use them. I also provide motivation, support, and fresh insights and perspectives. To be honest, while healing can be fast, fun and easy – its often hard and really uncomfortable. We’ll likely be digging up painful stuff that, up till now, you’ve successfully avoided for years – often decades.
I’m hardly a sadist at all. In fact, I will be your biggest cheerleader. But this deep work is usually necessary to address the underlying cause of recurring, stubborn life problems. The tools may be simple, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.
Testimonial-TERESA AHERNE, AUCKLAND, NZ
I’ve tried everything over the years to stop smoking, and then, a month ago, Rebecca fixed my brain (well, the part that wants to smoke) in 10 minutes. I haven’t smoked since.
FAQ: What type of therapy are you trained in?
In addition to my PhD in health psychology (the interaction between mental and physical health – or the intersection between psychology and medicine), my original therapy training was (fortunately) based on Carl Roger’s – very powerful – client or person-centered therapy. I also use a range of other modalities – from motivational interviewing, hypnotherapy, behavior science and … more recently, more spiritual practices, such as Reiki (Level 2) and past life regression.
Testimonial – WONKYUNG JESSICA LEE, VIRGINIA, USA
I was drawn to [Dr Rebecca Stafford’s statement] that psychology is the study of the mind or the soul. However, mainstream psychology has stripped the soul and now the mind, leaving just the brain. I agreed wholeheartedly that neuroscience accounts for only a fraction of the human experience and a broader approach is needed to not only understand but heal the human mind or soul.
I immediately signed up for the 90-minute past life regression session and experienced first hand how Dr. Stafford is using these sessions to heal. Her calm demeanor and empathy accentuated what I understood to be her love for humanity. While every session is personal, I would invite everyone to partake in this experience at least once.
FAQ: How many sessions will I need?
That’s up to you. Some people (like Kate and Teresa mentioned above) get dramatic results after just one session (although please note, as Kate says, it took about 3-months for the changes to become fully apparent), whereas others prefer ongoing exploration and support.
FAQ: How much does a session cost?
Answer: 60-minute session is $NZ 350*, a 2-hour session is $NZ 450** (N.b. the 2-hour sessions are usually past life regression sessions)
*Please note these prices are current as of April 2021 and are subject to change without notice.
* Can’t afford the full fee? If you feel like you really need help, but can’t currently afford the full fee, then you are welcome to make me an offer/koha. You can send me a message here. (Please note: I can only offer koha for the one-hour regular sessions, and not the two-hour Past Life Regression (PLR) sessions. While PLR sessions are my absolute favorite way to work with people (SO interesting!), not only are the sessions long, they are energy intensive in a way a regular session isn’t. I currently need about two hours to rest after a two-hour PLR session. This may or may not change as I learn to better manage my energy. However, if you would like to learn more about PLR – as well as accessing some very affordable PLR resources – books and audio recordings of PLR sessions – then click here).
**Please also note that sessions are pre-paid
FAQ: How quickly will I see change?
I can’t answer this with any accuracy. Some clients have fast dramatic results, others are on a slower burn. I do my best but it’s only partly up to me. I do find clients who are willing and able to do the deep work get the most satisfying results. And that’s typically not to do with the client’s capacity for positive change, per se (because everybody has that), but more to do with timing in their life.
This is why I try to work with clients who are at that stage – where the fear of staying stuck is greater than the fear of change. Honestly, I find the therapeutic process often astonishing but a bit mysterious. But, again, that’s mostly because I’m only influencing a small part of it. Dramatic change is often simple, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy (although it can be 🙂
Testimonial- SABRINA GREGORIAN, WRITER, LOS ANGELES
Within a few minutes of talking with Rebecca, my puzzling, frustrating behaviors made much more sense to me. She provided me with enlightening information as well as with the tools to apply the information to my life, and with her help I’ve made some great changes.
One of which I know many people struggle with… exercising. This had been a struggle of mine for years, but within a month of working with Rebecca I now exercise one hour a day, at least five days a week.. and I absolutely love it. This has impacted the quality of my life in ways I can’t put into words. I’ve also become more efficient overall – in time management and work productivity …
And Rebecca did this all while making the process of learning enjoyable, personalized, and funny.
FAQ: Where can we have sessions – do you have an office?
Currently I do all my sessions either by phone (currently only for NZ and Oz) or online for all other international sessions – usually Zoom, which is simple to install, free and I find has superior sound quality.
FAQ: I’d love a session with you – what do I do next?
1. Great! Send me a message on the Contact Form.
2. Please put ‘session booking’ in the subject line (this helps me give it priority)
3. Please list some dates and times you are available and we’ll take it from there (UPDATE April 2021: I’m just about to install the automatic booking system – Calend-ly – which will smooth out the book process)
4. FYI: I’m on New Zealand time. I’m happy to do sessions on most weekday evenings but, as time with my family is precious, I rarely work on weekends or public holidays. If there is an urgent need for a (NZ) weekend session, I will try and accommodate, but there will be an extra fee.
Testimonial- MARCIA KAPUVAI, HANMER SPRINGS, NZ
I’ve lost 20 kgs by exercising more and eating better. It really helps remembering what Rebecca says about weight-loss: that it’s not the most important thing in life.. yes I will get skinnier but does that mean that it would make me happier? No. It will make me healthier and fitter, which will make things easier physically, but weight-loss is not the main thing that would make me happier – if that makes sense. It also helps remembering that weight-loss is more bearable if you are happier, love yourself and remember your self worth.
I don’t just support individuals – if your team could use help with decreasing overwhelm & procrastination and boosting focus & productivity – then go here for more info on organizational habit coaching.
Like to know how to get the mind-focusing effects of Ritalin – without taking the drug?
You may not need any sessions with me at all. The below 20-minute video contains the top psychology strategy for beating procrastination – the critical technique I used to get from university dropout to PhD. You’re welcome.
Like more information?
Want to read more testimonials? Head to my testimonials page.
Could your team do with less stress and overwhelm and more focus and productivity? Head to my page on organizational habit coaching
Any other questions? Send me a message on my Contact Form