I’m an enthusiastic & passionate speaker on a range of psychology topics, however my specialties include:
1. Boost motivation & productivity: reduce procrastination & workaholism – (the latter being fancy procrastination) – the easy way to produce better work in less time. Presentations can include:
- How to get the mind-focusing effects of Ritalin – without taking the drug!
- The real cause of procrastination (Hint: it’s got nothing to do with laziness)
- Why smart people underperform
- How our workaholic culture degrades mental and physical health, as well as productivity.
- Why it’s a waste of time telling a workaholic to relax (but why they should and how they can).
- Learning to utilize the little known but powerful motivation under our noses.
2. Rapid habit change – the 21 day myth & how to create an optimal personalized motivation plan to rapidly change any habit, from procrastination to effective studying, exercise to emotional eating habits. Culturally we have a widespread misunderstanding of the psychology of behavior and habit modification – which is why so many people struggle with changing habits. Learn:
- Why relying on willpower and self-control is overrated
- Learning to apply powerful ‘pull’ motivation by personalizing behavior psychology strategies.
- Understand two key differences between ‘procrastinators’ and ‘achievers’ – and how to behave like an achiever.
3. Reduce bullying in all its forms, but I currently focus on workplace bullying.
While I customize all presentations and workshops to the specific audience, my standard workplace bullying presentations provide an overview of (and direction to) available online resources, such as :
- Workplace bullying legislation, including law changes and penalties
- Understanding the true cost of workplace bullying
- Direct people to online resources, such as the Government Worksafe resources (accessible from: http://www.worksafe.govt.nz/worksafe/toolshed/bullying-prevention-toolbox).
However I focus on important workplace bullying information that is not readily available online – including:
- The cascade of psychological and physiological events from bullying to chronic stress to mental and physical (ill)health
- The psychology of bullying (i.e. what motivates bullies to bully)
- Outlining infamous psychology studies (the kind you’d never get ethics approval for these days) that brutally demonstrate organizational factors that transform regular people into bullies.
- Strategies for preventing and eliminating bullying.
TESTIMONIAL: WORKSHOP ATTENDEE
“Rebecca was BRILLIANT on procrastination. Loved her enthusiasm and her [personal outlook]
TESTIMONIAL: KEVIN BELZ, GM, MASTERCRAFT KITCHENS LTD.
Rebecca Stafford was invited to present to our 90 delegates at our Mastercraft Kitchens conference in 2017. The topic, Workplace Bullying, was thoroughly researched and very well presented by Rebecca. Her presentation was well received by our delegates and it generated lots of interest and discussion among our group. The information packs Rebecca provided were also very useful for everyone.
TESTIMONIAL: ROBYN, AUDIENCE MEMBER
“Hi Rebecca, I really loved your talk and was totally inspired. My procrastination level had been over the top for quite a while. I was getting through each day just spending half my time thinking about what I should be doing next. I used [the psychological technique] religiously for a week and was totally stunned by how much I achieved!!
I was having problems filling up the day with tasks as I had never structured myself so well before.
I was achieving lots and ‘getting things done’ so well it felt like magic. I had a month where the wheels fell off and I was away from home with family deaths and stuff and I noticed by not using [the psychological technique] I was falling back into old habits again. So I am back on to it and can’t thank you enough for the wisdom you shared. It works really well for me and has quite realistically changed my life. Keep up the great work, Regards Robyn”
TESTIMONIAL: ‘SUE’ PART-TIME UNIVERSITY STUDENT, BUSINESS OWNER, WIFE, MOTHER, TAURANGA
“A+! I’m pretty chuffed with that!!!!! I am very proud of getting more life balance along with study and getting an amazing result! Thank you Rebecca, understanding what was behind my procrastination and self-sabotaging behaviors was like turning the light on. I am now able to move forward with confidence (and less fear) knowing that I have an amazing toolkit of learnings and techniques to help keep me on track. You’re a star!”
TESTIMONIAL: SAMANTHA JUNG-FIELDING, HAPPINESSENCE LTD.
“I’ve heard Rebecca speak on many occasions. I love the fact her techniques are both practical and SUPER easy to implement. A personal favorite is [the psychology strategy], which has even become popular with my own clients since discovering for themselves its mind-focusing ability (who needs Ritalin?). Rebecca has that rare talent of explaining complex psychological difficulties in such a way anyone can understand them, comprehend their provenance AND know how to achieve a more desirable outcome.”
Contact me for speaking, presentations, workshops, or performance coaching
TESTIMONIAL: ‘SIMON’, PERFORMANCE COACHING
“It’s been an interesting journey with Rebecca. She’s helped me understand myself in the ways I think and operate. This is allowing me to deal with difficult situations and day to day life in a much better way rather than how I used to; with anger and punishing myself or others. We have done some interesting experiments and I look forward to doing more. Seeing, noticing, and feeling change is great”.
TESTIMONIAL:FORMER MASTERS STUDENT, UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND
“Rebecca was a lifesaver when I was struggling to complete my Master’s thesis. Procrastination and dubious time management habits had me in a pickle and Rebecca steered me in the right direction at the right time. Her understanding of what I needed initially and then the subsequent supportive guidance got me to the finish line. I still wonder how I would have fared without her intervention”
TESTIMONIAL: TERESA NAGEL, M.Sc., WELLINGTON
“I was privileged to have Rebecca’s guidance at the time I was struggling to complete my Master’s thesis. By encouraging me to practice [psychology] strategies, I was able to manage my anxiety and overcome my procrastination.
Had it not been for Rebecca, I doubt I would have been able to continue. I owe the completion of my thesis entirely to her intervention”